When was the last time you’ve actively saved money at the pump? If there is no recollection, you’ve come to the right place! Here are 10 ways to get more bang for your bucks, at the pump.
- Research gas prices in the area on your computer or download gas apps on your smartphone.
- Avoid getting gas on the weekend. Weekend prices are slightly higher than week day prices.
- Fill up in the evening or morning because gas expands with heat
- Paying with cash will keep you from falling victim to credit card processing fees gas stations have to pay
- Hold the gas nuzzle tautly to allow more gas to enter into your car.
- Always leave a few minutes earlier to avoid stop-and-go traffic and to avoid driving aggressively.
- Sign up for a gas station credit card. The key to beating interest is to pay the card off the same day you fill up.
- Use cruise control and overdrive gears when appropriate. This is quite beneficial when on the highway.
- Remove any excess weight from your trunk. Weight can reduce a car’s fuel economy by up to two percent!
- Monitoring driving habits is an excellent way to cut back at the pump.
Always leave a few minutes earlier to avoid stop-and-go traffic and to avoid driving aggressively.