Domestic violence victims are not limited to women only. Men, too, can be victims. Despite age, ethnicity, or income, anyone can suffer from this abuse, and the statistics are alarming!
- 1 out of 4 women will experience domestic violence in her lifetime.
- Though, abuse is more common to women, nearly three million men endure physical assaults in the United States.
- Every minute, nearly 20 people are abused by their intimate partner.
- 1 in 7 women and 1 in 18 have been stalked by their intimate partner to the point of being fearful of their life.
- There are more than 20, 000 domestic violence phone calls placed to abuse hotlines- per day!
- Only a third of abuse injuries are given medical attention.
- Every day, 3 women are murdered by a current or former partner in the U.S.
- Women with disabilities are 40% more likely to experience abuse than women without disabilities.
- Only 25% of the physical assaults are reported to police annually.