Monday morning is around the corner and you hardly have any energy- thanks to an eventful weekend. Don’t panic because GFE has some great tips guaranteed to improve your entire day! Here are ways in which you and your household can combat morning fatigue.
The Night Before
- Drink a hot cup of sugarless, green tea.
- Fix a huge glass of ice water. Fill the glass with ice but only fill it with about 1/3 of water
Set Your Alarm(s)
- Make sure your alarm’s volume is cut up as loud as it can go.
- Place your alarm device out of arms reach (Doing this forces you out of bed)!
The Next Day
- Drink the water fixed from the night before
- Open your blinds/curtains to let in sunlight.
Inhale & Exhale
- (Inside) Stand in front of your window, close your eyes, and take deep easy breaths.
- (Outside) Breathe in through your nose, and dramatically exhale to rid your body of stale air.
- Do a 2 to 5 minute walk on the treadmill to increase blood flow
- Take your multivitamins!
- Eat a balanced breakfast/lunch. Heavy foods can cause you to go into a slump- keeping you from being productive.
***If all else fails, remember that adequate rest is always key. Go to bed sooner, and quiet all distractions such as televisions and cell phones. You owe it to yourself to get good, quiet rest. Your body will appreciate it.